PCO & DMC / PCO: cases
- Languages: We all speak our three national languages: Flemish (similar to Dutch), French and yes, German. But the good news is that most of us also speak English and often more languages.
- Brussels: Our capital, but also the real capital of Europe.
- Beer: Belgium makes over 1.000 different beers. The best beer in the world is our very own, ‘Westvleteren’.
- Chocolate: Belgium produces 220.000 tons of chocolate per year. The Brussels International Airport is the world’s biggest chocolate selling point.
- The Belgian Waffle: Was introduced in North America during the 1964 New York World’s Fair by its Belgian inventor, Maurice Vermeersch.
- Liberal-minded: Belgians tend to be liberal thinkers. We legalised euthanasia in 2002, and gay marriage in 2003.
- Public transport: The longest tramway line in the world is the Belgian coast tram (68 km), which operates between De Panne and Knokke-Heist, from the French border to the Dutch border.
- Tintin: Did you know that in 70 years of existence, 200 million books of “The Adventures of Tintin” have been sold worldwide. Belgium also has more comic makers per square km than any other country in the world, even Japan.
- Saxophone: This beautiful instrument was invented in Belgium, in the early 1840's by Adolphe Sax (1814-1894), in the city of Dinant. Bill Clinton received one when he visited Belgium.
- Manneken Pis: Our famous Brussels statue has a little brother in another Belgian city and a sister just around the corner.
- Castles: France and Germany may be known for castles, but there are more castles in Belgium per square mile than in any other country.
- Restaurants: Brussels has 138 restaurants per square mile.
- Festivals: 180.000 tickets were sold in less than two hours for what is proclaimed the world’s best music festival, Tomorrowland. Over one million registered guests on their website were less lucky.
- The city of Spa has given his name to thermal treatment centres all over the world and built the very first casino in Europe in 1796.
Any other why’s needed ? Contact us !
Pin the following images
Get in touchContact us
Next Event: Young Movers Conference 2018 - turning a congres into an experience